Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Mother's Day: DIY Footprint Tile Gift

These footprint tiles are super easy to make and really cheap to buy. My parents have loved getting them for gifts. Even though they don't look all that expensive, I love walking by them every time I go into my house. It reminds me of how tiny their feet were once!


This was the first tile that we did. You can buy the tiles from Home Depot for $1.34 each, so they are really cheap to do if you have washable paint around.






The first few tiles I made, we used washable paint and then put a waterproof sealer over them to keep the paint strong through the elements.

Now, we actually stamp the tiles with waterproof, washable paint and then I take a brush and paint over them with acrylic paint. Either way works, but I find that they tend to fade over time, so I usually repaint them at the beginning of every summer.

What about you? Any fun projects you do for Mother's Day? I always love new {cheap} ideas!

3 comments:

jill said...

so cute!

Mother's Day Gift Philippines said...

I've never try to do that before but it seems interesting, I will try that with my mom this weekend. Thanks for sharing this post. Keep posting!

-yumi-

Send Gifts to Philippines said...

Thanks for sharing this. This is so wonderful =)