Thursday, February 4, 2010

Cupcakes


I made these cupcakes for preschool a while back. My mom was watching the boys, so I had a little extra time.
**Tip: Having black and white icing in cake decorating bags handy from the beginning. I tried to do that step last, and had to take candy off which was a mess. Supplies Needed:


Lion Face
String Licorice, cut into varying lengths
Two Plain Green M & Ms for the Ears
One Peanut Orange M & Ms for the nose
White and Black frosting for eyes and mouth

Turtle

One Green Peanut M & Ms for the face
Three Plain M & Ms for the spots on the shell
Four Plain M & Ms for the feet
This was one of the last ones I completed. I considered using black icing to draw out a shell, too, which would be cute.
White and black frosting for eyes and mouth



Bee
One York Peppermint Patty, cut in half
One Yellow Peanut M & M for the face
Black Icing for the Lines and Eyes



Ladybug
One Reeses Peanut Butter Cup for the Face
Five Brown Peanut M & Ms for the spots
Black icing for the line down the center
White and Black icing for the face

Fishing Pole
One Pretzel Stick
One Goldfish
Black icing for the fishing line





Pig
One York Peppermint Patty for the Nose
White Frosting for the nose holes
Two small red licorice pcs. for the ears
Black and White frosting for the eyes



If you do decide to make them, send me a picture! I would love to see your creations!

2 comments:

Brigitte said...

Looks like fun. I just don't get that creative....my talent is more in making the cupcake then decorating :) Loved it.

MiniMe Mom said...

LOL Brigitte- I like EATING the cupcake most of all. Too much so!