Saturday, March 13, 2010

Easy and Quick St. Patty's Day Gift

My husband's favorite holiday is St. Patty's Day. Nope, he isn't even Irish. He did marry a red head though.

In honor of this Lucky Day, my son and I (okay, Kayden left to watch the basketball game long before these were finished) set out to create something fun for his teachers.
What you will need:
One pc. of 12 by 12 green paper
8 four leaf clover felt stickers (I got mine at Joanns for $1)
Half Yard Thick, striped ribbon
Half Yard Thinner, Dot Ribbon
Candy for the middle, preferably something with enough room to punch hole
Difficulty Level: VERY easy and quick


Step One: Cut your paper in half

Step Two: Fold


Step Three: Add Ribbon

Step Four: Add Stickers

Step Five: Add hole punch to top of candy and both layers of paper. I made two punches because my ribbon was so thick.

Lace ribbon through paper then through the candy and then the other side of paper. Yup, your ribbon ends will look all frayed.

Tie the ribbon, then clip the ends to cut off frays.



May your blessings outnumber the shamrocks that grow. May your troubles be less and your blessings be more.