Saturday, June 5, 2010

I Do.

Yesterday was the big bridal shower for my future sister-in-law. A few pictures of the details:


These wedding dress cake toppers were what I alluded to in my previous post.

The directions said I could make twelve in 1.5 hours. I have no idea what kind of superwoman was making them, but it took me WAY longer. Just cutting out the bodice and hot gluing the pearls took about two hours.

I really love how they turned out, though. If I did them again (which would have to be for a very special occasion:-), I would probably do the cupcakes in a white cake. I think it would look cleaner.


Favors for the guests.


Have I mentioned that we have a cotton candy machine? My husband's parents actually own it, but we store it here. Kind of a fun way to celebrate special occasions:-)

Overall, it was a great time! I love planning showers and weddings. It only makes me wish they did "anniversary showers" after ten years of marriage. After seeing all that new stuff, I could use some new towels and kitchen accessories!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like you put on an awesome bridal shower. You have so many fun ideas...and you think I'm West Michigan's martha - I'm beginning to think I need to hand over that title to you. LOL!!! Have a great week!!!

weddingcaketoppers said...

i like the cupcakes much :)