Friday, March 12, 2010

Facts and Figures

I am getting ready for taxes currently. Of course I always wait until the week before my taxes are due to start getting receipts together.

As you know, I love random facts and figures, so I thought I would share some with you.
  • 1.7% of my business comes from the State in which I live (Michigan).
  • I have to pay $97 in USE tax, meaning I have to pay 6% for the supplies I purchased out of state.
  • I spent $5300 at the post office.
  • My husband does postal runs almost every week day, so that is an average of about 250 trips.
  • I paid $1200 in business insurance.
  • That was way too much to pay for business insurance:-)
  • I just read on Itzy Ritzy's twitter account that Jessica Alba picked up a snack happened bag at the ENK children's booth this last week. FUN!
  • April 2009 ushered in my most amount of hits- 400,000. Meaning, that each website visitor that month clicked an average of 30 pages.
  • I currently offer around 500 items.
  • My favorite thing to do: find new items. I love the "hunt for handmade".

It is always fun for me to sit back and compare figures to see if I am growing and what areas can be improved.

Goals for 2010: double website traffic, work on SEO, find more charitable organizations to be involved with, run interesting giveaways/contests, be more consistent with my newsletter, carve out "business hours", and be better at recording for 2010 taxes (okay, that's not gonna happen, but a girl can dream:-)

No comments: