Monday, March 29, 2010
"I know it has been ages since I ordered the wet bag from you, but I still love it! It is one of the best purchases I ever made! I take it on every vacation and every time I take the kids to the pool."
Thanks so much for e-mailing me, April! I am so happy you are pleased with your Wet Happened? wet bag!
Sunday, March 28, 2010
Friday, March 26, 2010
I have this little egg mold, so technically I could make these:
Can you guess what those carrots are made out of?
Orange Starbursts! Ingenious.
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
I got a really sad e-mail from Seana, the mom that makes the personalized pacifier clips for me. Her five-month-old son died suddenly and unexpectedly yesterday morning.
Please join me in praying for this family during this difficult time. I cannot imagine the anguish and pain she must be going through.
Psalm 34:18 The Lord is close to the brokenhearted.
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
They are spectacular, no?
Saturday, March 13, 2010
Step Two: Fold
Lace ribbon through paper then through the candy and then the other side of paper. Yup, your ribbon ends will look all frayed.
Friday, March 12, 2010
As you know, I love random facts and figures, so I thought I would share some with you.
- 1.7% of my business comes from the State in which I live (Michigan).
- I have to pay $97 in USE tax, meaning I have to pay 6% for the supplies I purchased out of state.
- I spent $5300 at the post office.
- My husband does postal runs almost every week day, so that is an average of about 250 trips.
- I paid $1200 in business insurance.
- That was way too much to pay for business insurance:-)
- I just read on Itzy Ritzy's twitter account that Jessica Alba picked up a snack happened bag at the ENK children's booth this last week. FUN!
- April 2009 ushered in my most amount of hits- 400,000. Meaning, that each website visitor that month clicked an average of 30 pages.
- I currently offer around 500 items.
- My favorite thing to do: find new items. I love the "hunt for handmade".
It is always fun for me to sit back and compare figures to see if I am growing and what areas can be improved.
Goals for 2010: double website traffic, work on SEO, find more charitable organizations to be involved with, run interesting giveaways/contests, be more consistent with my newsletter, carve out "business hours", and be better at recording for 2010 taxes (okay, that's not gonna happen, but a girl can dream:-)
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
"This bag is very well constructed and I like the chic material. The size is perfect for traveling with a cloth-diapered baby. I am able to fit 10 Gro Baby inserts plus 3 or 4 shells into the bag easily, and there is no smells nor worries about leaking. In general I am a penny-pincher, everything else I purchase for my son from clothes to toys are all second hand, so this was a major splurge for me. I'm glad I splurged. This bag is worth every penny I spent on it."
Thank you so much! I appreciate it!
Monday, March 8, 2010
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Set of Four Bumpy Name Labels- perfect for daycare, church, or just keeping your own kid's sippy cups apart.
A big thanks to Skip to My Lou for the awesome giveaway, and also Raechel Myers for her most excellent shout out for the Rufflebutt Bloomers:-)