Thursday, August 7, 2008

So, what goes into a great baby product?


Unless I am approached, I rarely have time these days to search for new baby products to put up for sale. I am in the "Baby Industry", so I come across a lot of great products through online blog reviews by other moms, but hardly ever have time to sort through the endless sea of baby inventions.


One of my favorite places to scout for new and unusual baby products are craft shows. Minkee tag cuddlebugs, fluffies, tie onesies, and pillowcase dresses were all great craft show finds. So, what do I look for when I am scouting out a new baby product? It must meet at least one of the following criteria:
~something unique. The minkee cuddlebugs were a different twist on an already loved item. I had seen minkees with tags; I have never seen one built so adorable with the satin wings, side "tag" wings, and mix of various soft, textured fabric.
~an item I bought for my own child. My baby looks stinken' adorable in the onesies with a tie. Naturally, I feel my customers would love this item as well.
~an expensive looking product at a great price. The blue dot silky mixed with the fluffy minkee material for the fluffy blanket looks rich, soft, and completely snuggle worthy. I desired an adult size.
~beautiful fabrics. K Bella Bambino uses the best coordinating fabrics. Each fabrics compliments the other, and her shapes and lines are to die for. With two boys, I am desperate for dresses if they look like this.
~organics. I love anything organic right now.
These are just some of the things that will entice me to carry a baby product. So, what are your favorite items for baby? Something that makes life easier? Beautiful to look at, soft to touch?

No comments: