Tuesday, June 17, 2008

ja*lu organics

I have to admit. It is rare that I get excited about a blanket. First, there is the stack of a hundred knit blankets in my already too full closet. Then, there are the fifty more I made, complete with personalization, when I was pregnant and “nesting”. So, when I was approached by Ja*Lu, I have to admit I was hesitant to try out any new blanket. I thought I had seen it all.

Enter: the swaddle blanket. It is officially my new favorite blanket.


Highlights:

It is 100% certified cotton organic. My two biggest complaints against organics have always been that they feel like cardboard, and they usually are all pretty basic beige. Ja*lu has solved both of these. Oh so soft, and withthe thick colored binding, it makes for a great looking blanket.

Size- my two month old is 16 pounds, 25 inches long. Yes, you read that correctly. It is hard for me to find a blanket that wraps all the way around him and still offers some cuddling for him to hold onto. At 35" by 35", this is the perfect size.
Weight- the light weight and breathable cotton is perfect for the summer.

Stretch- as you wrap this blanket around your baby, it has the perfect amount of “give” to it. My son has loved swaddling since he was born, and I love that this wraps tight enough to allow him the security he desires, but also stretches as he wiggles into his favorite position.

Packaging- a beautiful chocolate brown box with a floral pattern on the front and a bright green wrap creates a beautifully presented gift. Ja*lu is making it easy on us moms by making this so easy to gift.



If you have been searching for the perfect gift, or are just looking for something for yourself, this is it! Organic, beautiful, soft, and well presented? I am in love.
Sold here for $60, four options for binding

Oh, and did I mention it has a matching cap?

No comments: