Sunday, July 4, 2010

Say Cheese!

If I have time, I really love to have fun with food. Decorating cupcakes is my ultimate favorite, but cake decoration comes a close second.

Hamburger cakes are all the rage, so I thought I would take a shot at it.


2 yellow or white cake mixes
Round 8" pan
chocolate frosting
vanilla frosting
rice krispies
pastry frosting bags with a leaf tip and straight tip

Instructions:


Three cakes: Two for the buns and one for the hamburger patty.


I then frosted the bottom bun, making sure I went enough towards the center so the cake would not show.


I used chocolate frosting for the hamburger patty.


The lettuce was made using the leaf tip. Cheese and Ketchup was just a straight tip.


I then put the top on and iced that layer.


My future SIL was here, and took her hand at it.


I then put on rice krispies for the sesame seeds, and a little pick to add a touch of whimsy.






Level of difficutly: Easy.


Once I had the frosting colored and the cakes made, it only took me about a half hour to finish frosting it. I only hope it tastes good!


Happy 4th of July, friends!

No comments: