Thursday, February 1, 2007

Surprise Cupcakes

I have to admit, I have never been a big fan of cupcakes. However, when I tasted these surprise cupcakes, my mind quickly changed as I grabbed my second helping. They taste great and they are super easy to make. Chocolate cake makes up most of the cupcake, with a little bit of a chocolate chip cheesecake to "surpise" at the bottom.
Here is what you need:

8oz package of Philidelphia cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg
dash of salt
generous cup of chocolate chips
chocolate cake mix (plus whatever the cake mix calls for)
vanilla icing
Mix the cream cheese with the sugar, then add the egg and salt. Mix well, then add the chocolate chips. Make the chocolate cake mix according to directions. Drop 1 tsp of cream cheese mixture into bottom of each paper cupcake. Fill the rest with the chocolate cake mix and bake according to cake mix. I made these Monday to take to a party, and they never made it past the front door. They are delicious:-)
Hint: if you are looking for a baby shower idea, decorate them like little bluebirds. Thanks, Martha Stewart Living, for the awesome idea. For Valentine's Day, I colored the frosting pink and added conversation hearts. Still cute, and half the time. Enjoy!

No comments: