Thursday, January 18, 2007

The Blog argument

Two sides. Opposite Corners. To Blog, or not to Blog. People have very strong feelings about blogs. I rarely meet anyone in the middle without an opinion. Many say they are a waste of time, a way to show off your life. Some say they are therapeutic. I love to blog.

One of the firsts blogs I came across was tebs page. Thirty years old, just had a baby, diagnosed with stage four melanoma. Life kicked her in the gut. What did she do? Started a blog to chronicle her life and cancer journey with other people. Her experiences make me so grateful for my own family. She had so little time left with her family, so many unknowns, and she faced it all publicly. Let strangers go through it with her. If you get a minute and have a few boxes of kleenex, take a look at her blog. I challenge you to read it and not feel lucky to be alive.

One of my friends summed it up perfectly, "I don't intend to make my blog a complete revelation of my life, just a window into it." Blog on, friends.

No comments: