Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Book? Who has time to read?

I hear you, I hear you. With munchkins running around, who has time to read? Remember the sacrificial mother speech? My relaxation this week was reading, and I chose a great book-90 Minutes in Heaven. Crushed by a semi that crossed into his lane, medics pronounced Don Piper dead instantly.

"The EMT's pronounced me dead as son as they arrived at the scene. They stated that I died instantly. According to the report, the collision occurred at 11:45am THe EMT's became so busy working with the others involved, that it was about 1:15 before they were ready to move me. Again, they checked for a pulse. I was still dead."

A minister came to the scene and felt God telling him to pray for Don Piper. He knew it was crazy, but hopped into the car to pray with him. 90 minutes after he was pronounced dead, he came back to earth. This book chronicles his time in heaven and his recovery here on earth. An inspirational and uplifting book, wonderful for anyone who has recently lost a loved one.

No comments: